Features of Migratory Primitive Agriculture.
Main features of the migratory primitive agriculture include the following:
- Human labor and hand implements are used only.
- Land is cleared with the help of fire.
- Draft animals are not used.
- Fertilizers are not used.
- Land belongs to community.
- Members of community can use as much land for cultivation as they like.
- The production is on the local level for used of the family only. Thus, there is no surplus production for trade or exchange.
- Most of the cleared land is used for the cultivation of maize, rice, millet, beans, bananas, cucumber, peas and peanuts etc. according to domestic requirement.
- The farmers adopt hunting or fishing in the period between harvests.
- Migratory primitive agriculture is still practiced by majority of farmers in tropical rain forest regions.